Wednesday, August 09, 2006

We made it!


Kindergarten was a success! He had a great day. There was a fire drill that he wasn't too crazy about, but aside from that the day was great. He got a happy face in his folder and even said he wanted to go back tomorrow. I did pretty well too... thanks for the encouragement, especially the surprise Mom's Kindergarten Survival Kit that arrived last night from friends- it was a great treat for today! I am feeling like I am in school with him. I am trying to figure out all the folders. As far as I can tell, he's got a Kinder folder, a Monday folder (which I think came home today even though it's Wednesday), a Take Home folder and a school folder with general information. I can't figure all these folders out and I have no idea what papers stay in the folder to be initialed and sent back and what papers I get to keep. Maybe Matthew can teach me. Ethan kept asking all morning where Matthew was and that was kind of sad. However, he figured out quickly that it wasn't so bad to have Mommy to himself for awhile and when I asked him what he wanted to do he quickly replied that he wanted to play in Matthew's room! All in all, it was a great start to public school.

In honor of school, I wrote a word problem to figure out.

Two boys went for a celebratory lunch at Chick-Fil-A. One boy, ate BBQ sauce and icecream. One boy ate fruit and salad. Which boy will experience the greater health risk: the boy who ate only sauce and icecream, or the boy who dropped some of his ranch soaked lettuce on the disgusting Chick-Fil-A floor during the busy lunch hour and then picked it up and ate it as if the lettuce was gold dipped chocolate? Extra credit will be given for anyone who can name each boy.

12 Comments:

Blogger Margaret K said...

So glad it was a good day! I was thinking about you both all day and wondering how it all played out. I know who likes salad and fruit! The bigger health risk is probably the bbq & icecream.

7:59 PM  
Blogger jenny biz said...

You made it through the 1st day!! :) I am so glad he and Malaya are there together!

8:47 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

What a cutie! Glad you both made it! I love the word problem - very funny!

9:09 PM  
Blogger Phillips Family said...

Matthew ate the salad!!!! That boy loves his greens! Was the BBQ sauce poured on top of the ice cream?

As a former teacher, I have to question the reasoning behind having a fire drill on the first day of school--let's totally freak the children out! I was on the safety team one year and I know that you have to have one within the first five days of school and then once a month after that. Glad Matthew survived!

4:35 AM  
Blogger 1literatimommy said...

YEAH!!! Way to go Fletchers!

7:01 AM  
Blogger Angela Robinson said...

I'm so glad it was a good experience for both of you. (And kudos to those good friends who delivered the survival kit...what a thoughtful surprise!)
I'm totally with phillips'family on the first day fire drill...didn't sound like the best idea to me either...but at least its over and done with for another month.

Loved the word problem...you are so funny!

10:57 AM  
Blogger Pearson Family said...

I heard that there REALLY was a fire in kitchen! No drill, the real thing. Still, craziness on the first day of school! I am so glad that he enjoyed his first day, and that you did just as great. I love the pictures!

1:41 PM  
Blogger Amy C said...

Congratulations on a sucessful first day! Sounds like you both did a great job. Great word problem. Consider the droppage a vaccination

6:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

There was a kitchen event which made the fire alarm go off. Please, please don't tell Matthew this. Although he wants to be a fireman one day he is crazy afraid of fire and I may not ever get him back if he thinks the school was on fire!!

8:20 PM  
Blogger The Binkley Family said...

Glad you made it through! I can't believe he is already five, and mine almost is too!

5:49 AM  
Blogger amerriman said...

I am glad you guys had a great first day. I am with LP, why a fire drill?

1:20 PM  
Blogger Lisa Renee said...

He looks so cute with his back pack! Good job mom and Matthew! Crazy about that fire.

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home