Sunday, July 23, 2006

Bedtime

A few months ago, every time we put Matthew to bed he would get back up and come in the living room to talk or a drink of water. We've broken that habit for the most part and then tonight, we heard the door open and sit and wait for him to round the corner asking what we're doing tomorrow or if he can hear his music box again. We waited, and waited and then heard someone coming and when he rounded the corner it was Ethan. He said "I scare. Baby scare of bed." So cute. That kid is too precious. So we take him back to bed and I start talking on the phone to my good friend Bethany. About 30 minutes later both boys round the corner and look up at us and smile! They had been playing together! I love that they love each other so much. They are full of kisses and hugs and punches and kicks for each other, which tells me they love each other tons.

By the way, Ethan is doing much better at staying in his room for the most part. He still turns off his monitor in the mornings and he has taken to removing every article of clothing in his dresser as fast as possible while stripping himself down to a nekkie boy and peeing on his clean clothes he just removed from the drawers. It makes for an exciting morning of smelling and feeling for pee on the clothes and the carpet. Even though this can be very frustrating, the silver lining is that he is holding his pee all night long and can wake up with a dry diaper. Maybe this will help if I ever get around to potty training him!

7 Comments:

Blogger jenny biz said...

That would have been a priceless picture of your boys peeking around the corner at you. So cute!!

9:24 AM  
Blogger Angela Robinson said...

Kelli,
Your blog always cracks me up! I pray that God will give me your patience and willingness to laugh at and love, even in the midst of "feeling for wet and smelling for pee" in what was, only moments ago, a pile of clean clothes!

11:10 AM  
Blogger Pearson Family said...

TOO funny. I am so fortunat that Parker has not learned YET how to take off his diaper. Strange. I love your boys.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Margaret K said...

Too cute. I love how he calls himself baby. You are a patient mom. It's better to laugh than cry!

1:33 PM  
Blogger Amy C said...

That is so funny. Maybe he just cant wait and knows you can wash the clothes. He is so smart!

3:07 PM  
Blogger Phillips Family said...

Funny times! Glad those boys are friends and are sneaking around with each other a bed time!

5:47 PM  
Blogger April Spicer said...

Oh Kelli,

you crack me up! I needed a good laugh. Just visualizing Ethan is cracking me up. Your post about the Hills also made me laugh---i don't watch the show but big surprise---Kim and kasey do. So I told them to check out your blog. It was cool to find Mandy through your blog as well. It's so fun connecting with everyone. We really do have to get the boys together---I think they would give us a good laugh. :) Talk soon ok?

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home