Thursday, August 03, 2006

13

Thirteen Things I Did Today...

1. Woke up to a two-year-old saying, "I get outa ba-yed."

2. Tried the new fruit flavored Cheerios. Yum Yum.

3. Went to Barnes and Noble to play trains and read books about going to Kindergarten to Matthew.

4. Dropped by a couple of grocery stores.

5. Watched Little House on the Prairie. I didn't watch this show as a child and have never read the books, so someone please tell me why does Almanzo call Laura "Beth" and why does Laura call him "Manley." And wasn't Willie Oleson only a couple of years younger than Laura? All of a sudden he's her teacher one day- it's like she grew up and he didn't.

6. Put a pork roast in my crock pot at 7 pm to cook for 8 hours. Would anyone like to come over and turn it off for me at 3 am? Am I a genius or what?

7. Watched some of Beauty and the Beast with the boys. There's no reason they can't learn to appreciate a good chick flick.

8. Ate yummy grilled chicken and veggies for dinner cooked by Scott.

9. Played a phonics computer game with Matthew- he's very smart.

10. Did some laundry.

11. Made cookies for the weekend with Karen and Shane.

12. Watched David Hasselhoff perform with KIT on America's Got Talent. Too bad he doesn't.

13. Rocked and sang to Ethan- he was so tired he fell asleep on my shoulder. So sweet.

7 Comments:

Blogger Pearson Family said...

Shane and Karen are still here? Why the pork roast...I am confused. I miss heads asleep on my shoulder.

8:38 PM  
Blogger 1literatimommy said...

It is so sweet that you got to rock Ethan to sleep. I love that, he is such a sweetie! I was just thinking of Matthew and kindergarten. It is so exciting but so nerve wracking, too. I'll be praying for you both!

6:02 AM  
Blogger Angela Robinson said...

Thanks for the review of the fruit flavored Cheerio's. I was THIS close to buying them this week, and jumped off the "no" side of the fence. Maybe next week...

Kudos on exposing the boys to one of Disney's finer classics. What did they think? And in case anyone is interested, Disney is releasing my personal favorite, "The Little Mermaid" on platinum DVD October 3rd! Yea! I've been waiting forever to add that one to our collection!

10:10 AM  
Blogger jenny biz said...

You can borrow our chick flicks any time :) We could probably use a good Superman at times too! We also have quite a few Kindergarten books too if you want to borrow! :)

11:36 AM  
Blogger Amy C said...

Love rocking those babies. Sounds like a perfect day.

7:27 AM  
Blogger amerriman said...

You are not supposed to admit to buying General Mills products - you are taking food out of my kids' mouth - Apple Jacks, Fruit Loops!!!!! Ask Ryan for samples!!!! j/k Loved the blog, I have done the 3:00 thing too!

12:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Angie I haven't memoried all the Kellogg's products yet, but I'll make some flashcards and start drilling the fam so we know what to buy and what not to buy! My kids call them Fruit Loops. Does that count?

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home