Random 13
Thirteen random things that ran through my mind this week...
1. Why do I know so many REO Speedwagon songs by heart when I have never owned an REO Speedwagon CD or tape?
2. Do the directors of CSI Miami use the exact same closing scene with David Caruso staring squintily off into space and just change the background every week?
3. Ethan is such a cute baby.
4. On LP's blog, was there actually a comment about a guy and his brother going through 5-6 GALLONS of milk each week growing up? Is this in my future?
5. Yum, paninis. I am going through a panini craze and rescued my George Foreman grill from the garage sale pile to make them. I'll put anything on one, so send me some recipes!
6. Matthew is going to Kinder in 4 weeks! He will always be my sweet, beautiful baby, even though he believes he is now too big for mommy kisses (a recent development).
7. It takes Scott too long to get home from work.
8. Project Runway returns... the reason I can't cancel our cable TV.
9. VBS was fun.
10. The dishwasher is only handy when it is empty and ready to load with dirty dishes- not so much when it's full of clean ones needing to be put away.
11. We moved our playroom downstairs, a decision one day we will categorically regret as toys spread through our house faster than butter on hot bread.
12. I miss my computer since it is broken and unplugged and have to use Scott's when he's at home.
13. Jason from Laguna Beach and The Hills looks like Jeremy Camp sometimes.
1. Why do I know so many REO Speedwagon songs by heart when I have never owned an REO Speedwagon CD or tape?
2. Do the directors of CSI Miami use the exact same closing scene with David Caruso staring squintily off into space and just change the background every week?
3. Ethan is such a cute baby.
4. On LP's blog, was there actually a comment about a guy and his brother going through 5-6 GALLONS of milk each week growing up? Is this in my future?
5. Yum, paninis. I am going through a panini craze and rescued my George Foreman grill from the garage sale pile to make them. I'll put anything on one, so send me some recipes!
6. Matthew is going to Kinder in 4 weeks! He will always be my sweet, beautiful baby, even though he believes he is now too big for mommy kisses (a recent development).
7. It takes Scott too long to get home from work.
8. Project Runway returns... the reason I can't cancel our cable TV.
9. VBS was fun.
10. The dishwasher is only handy when it is empty and ready to load with dirty dishes- not so much when it's full of clean ones needing to be put away.
11. We moved our playroom downstairs, a decision one day we will categorically regret as toys spread through our house faster than butter on hot bread.
12. I miss my computer since it is broken and unplugged and have to use Scott's when he's at home.
13. Jason from Laguna Beach and The Hills looks like Jeremy Camp sometimes.

7 Comments:
I LOVE REO Speedwagon and I actually have one of their CD's if you want to borrow it:)
4 more weeks till school starts????!!!! AAGGHH!!:(
I have never had aPanini...anything. I found this link that has oodles of recipes. http://www.sreweb.com/receipts.htm
I hope these will be some help. They do look delicious! WOW The BIG K! OOOH I do hope he gets an incredible teacher! His heart is just tooooo precious for some ole cranky teacher who hates the world! Have you done lunch box and pencil box shopping? I LOVE school supply shopping!!!! I was broken hearted when Emily opted out last year for the prebundled supplies! She decided to go back to the individual list this year. YIPPPEEE! YES, Ethan is a cute cute cute baby. Loved having him in our tribe! He did something very cute last night, about 5 times in a row he would walk a few feet away then run towards me and spin around and land in my lap facing forward just giggling away. FUN FUN FUN little game. I love you guys to peices!
No mommy kisses? You are kidding right? I will have to have a talk with Matthew when I see him. Will you survive this stage?
I actually attended a REO Speedwagon concert two years ago with several of our college friends. I am not scared to admit this one.
Yes, Don and his twin did consume large amounts of milk. The scary thing--they are not fat people, just regular size. I believe this is in our future. Perhaps we should buy a cow and share the milk it produces. Surely this will be cheaper.
I didn't catch The Hills this week, but am sure I can see a repeat before next week. I hate Jason. Why does LC not see him for who he is? Why do I care?
Move to Grapevine and scott will be home sooner!!!!
lynley (i had to be annonymous because I am always logged in on my home computer and I am still out of town)
Lynley- I remember you went to the REO Speedwagon concert. Didn't you guys feel like you were going to get trampled by all the fans or something weird like that? I so want to move to Grapevine...It currently consumes many of my thoughts! Can we keep our shared cow in our backyard for the "farm" tax write off?
Kim thanks for the recipes. Come over for a homemade panini anytime.
Karen... Happy Birthday! Hope it's a great one. I don't know if there is one of these around you or in Austin, but Janie and Jack has a cute cowgirl and cowboy line right now. Thought you might want to check it out.
Tiffany-I made another rookie parent mistake and told Matthew about Ian's birthday party at Chuck E Cheese. I am about to stick an ice pick in my eye while explaining to him it's not today or tomorrow for the 50th time today. At least I got him to give me a mommy kiss today.
I love your '13' thoughts. I am such a panini fan, too! YUM!
Yes, kids do not understand the concept of time. Like when Patrick asks, "When I count to five, has it been 5 minutes?" Or it could be because we are always saying "In a minute..." and that really means anywhere from 1 minute to maybe 3 days. It's no wonder they don't understand.
Yes, Ethan is adorable. He always makes me smile.
Your REO Speedwagon is my Whitney Houston & Chicago. I really would be fine with never hearing those songs ever again. Heart is another one. Heart makes me want to poke my eye out with an icepick.
Rachel Ray made the best paninis the other day on the food network. Don't remember the bread..manchego cheese, parma ham & that funky pickled cauliflower salad you always see on olive bars. You chop that up and spread it on. Anyways....it looked good.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home