Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Three Things

I have a new most embarrasing moment. Actually, a new most humilating moment ever that outweighs all other embarrasing moments added together, including junior high. The worst part about it was that it involved several people and was more of a 30-minute-long nightmare than a moment. However, I didn't watch 10 years of Friends for nothing, and so in the midst of it I was readily prepared with all kinds of Chandler Bing comments to make light of the situation before I was able to find a hole to crawl in. I'm hoping one day I can laugh about it...but 24 hours into the instant replay in my head, the jury is still out on the future laughter. Does anyone want to share their's with me they can laugh at now? Maybe it will help make mine not seem as bad!

Kinder update... Matthew is doing great. He is really enjoying himself and has made a great friend. A friend so great, in fact, his teacher thought they had known each other their whole little 5-year-old lives instead of two weeks. He is proud of his accomplishments and loves to hear praises of his work. Every day he asks what Ethan and I did while he was gone. Today, for the first time since school started, we went to someone else's house to play. When he heard that, there was some sad silence as he pondered learning phonics instead of playing at a friend's house with all their toys. I think even though he is having fun, he is not convinced he needs to go every single day. I'm right there with him because I still miss him every morning!

This weekend is the Women of Faith conference I'm going to with some girls from church. I went two years ago and really enjoyed it and learned a lot, so I'm looking forward to it again. I tried to sell my ticket after I got a job at AT Loft, but I am so glad I still get to go now because I'm sure it's going to be lifechanging. Hopefully more lifechanging than my humiliating moment. :)

8 Comments:

Blogger Pearson Family said...

You must tell you most embarrassing moment! You can't leave it like that.

9:31 PM  
Blogger Phillips Family said...

The curious side of me really wants to know what happened--perhaps you will be able to share it in about five years!

I am quite dense--I thought you were joking when you left the comment on my blog about the AT Loft job. What a bad friend am I? (that and the fact that I had to hurry and get off the phone the other day when all chaos struck my house at 5pm). Hope you are enjoying it and getting some nice clothes out of the deal!

4:09 AM  
Blogger jenny biz said...

Please, do share!! :)
I am so glad Matthew is loving Kinder and how fun that he had a playdate yesterday!

7:40 AM  
Blogger Margaret K said...

What is it? You have to tell us! Glad kinder is still going well.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Most of my most embarassing moments are in the early teenage years. Good thing you have the Chandler comebacks.

The Loft is my absolute favorite store...hopefully you get a great discount to enjoy!

6:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My story is to remain silent for now, because it's not just embarrasing but seriously humililating! I had to call Scott in the midst of it to help me get through! Maybe after a few years of Friends re-run therapy I'll be able to share.

By the way, the ATL is at our local fabulous Town Center- drop by and visit me! Props to the Merrimans who already made it in for a visit!

7:55 PM  
Blogger Phillips Family said...

The town center right down the road? Isaac and I almost popped in there on tuesday!

10:26 AM  
Blogger Lisa Renee said...

I was all ready to read what IT was! I have an embarassing moment almost every day. I used to work at Texas Drug Wharehouse in highschool. I slammed my thumbin the register drawer which I guess is what onset my low bloodsugar reaction to passing out while waiting on a customer. The paramedics came and everything. Several people I went to school with worked there too, all of whom got to see my shirt raised up, bra exposed to have heart monitors on my chest. I already have a complex about my chest. I never returned to work out of embarassment.

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home