Sign of the Times
About 10 years ago, give or take a year, Scott and I sat out front of a music store at about 6:30 am waiting in a long line. We got wristbands with numbers them. We had a borrowed cell phone ready and waiting to call our friend, this friend's husband to see who would get the better tickets to the upcoming U2 show. A rush of people stormed the doors when the store opened pushing their way to the front for a chance to buy the best seats.
Cut to 10 years later, give or take a year, and we are again standing in a long line, but this time outside a local convention center at about 6:30 pm. We get wristbands with a time and special stickers are given to us while someone gives us instructions. I have already talked to this friend that day and the day before trying to figure out a game plan for me and Scott. Again, the doors open and a rush of people stormed forward, pushing their way past one another. But for car seats this time. And a thousand other things that children "require." We are not in line for concert tickets, but for an opportunity to pre-shop a large children's consignment sale. My, my how times change.
I wonder what we'll be waiting in line for in another ten.
Cut to 10 years later, give or take a year, and we are again standing in a long line, but this time outside a local convention center at about 6:30 pm. We get wristbands with a time and special stickers are given to us while someone gives us instructions. I have already talked to this friend that day and the day before trying to figure out a game plan for me and Scott. Again, the doors open and a rush of people stormed forward, pushing their way past one another. But for car seats this time. And a thousand other things that children "require." We are not in line for concert tickets, but for an opportunity to pre-shop a large children's consignment sale. My, my how times change.
I wonder what we'll be waiting in line for in another ten.

3 Comments:
Cars and Countdowns. THere is much progress in your life! Congratulations. I can't wait to meet baby Caden. I love that name.
That is funny.
I waited in line for an hour at this sale to simply get cheap Gymboree clothing....crazy, huh? Glad you and Scott had fun.
By the way, our conversation was totally a God thing yesterday. After you called the second time, I began thinking about the whole thing. When I first called you (thus hearing the story) I had simply scrolled through my caller id to get your number and accidently called the cell phone...normally I would call your house. What a blessing and an answered prayer!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home