Nevada or Bust, Literally.
So anyone in blogland who reads this and hasn't heard yet, Scott is being laid off. Cancel your cell phones in protest, people. Anyway, it is for real this time. After surviving too many lay offs to count and one "transfer" that didn't materialize, the jig is finally up. I know everyone out there is thinking what fabulous timing this is in our lives with a baby on the way and no job for me, which is exactly what we are thinking too.
Not to be bragging on him too much, but Scott is highly respected at his job and because of this there are managers trying to help him find another job within the company so he is not lost. Today, he got a call from his boss with some news. She may have found him a job opportunity- not sure, but maybe. In Las Vegas.
Listen, I'm all about a weekend trip to "the Strip" and would gladly go anytime for fun. However, raising 3 boys in sin city sounds like a spectacularly bad idea. Would they grow up to love the slots and the tables? Would they enjoy the new Bette Midler show a little too much? Would I be called in the middle of the night to fetch them from the all-night casino club with a fake ID and a pocket full of ones? I've seen CSI. I know what happens in Vegas does NOT stay in Vegas. And let's not forget the 110 degree summers. No thanks.
Although I am trying to make light of this, Scott plans to take whatever job comes his way and in the mean time look for one he really wants. Although I can say truthfully that Las Vegas is at the bottom of the list. You can imagine the stress level at our house is at an all-time high. Please remember us in your prayers, especially Scott to find a job and that Caden stays in the cooker without harm from my anxiety. I know we're one of millions of people that go through this and Scott's entire team has been laid off, which means single Moms and other single-income families are included. We are really hopeful that all of them can find something soon too.
Not to be bragging on him too much, but Scott is highly respected at his job and because of this there are managers trying to help him find another job within the company so he is not lost. Today, he got a call from his boss with some news. She may have found him a job opportunity- not sure, but maybe. In Las Vegas.
Listen, I'm all about a weekend trip to "the Strip" and would gladly go anytime for fun. However, raising 3 boys in sin city sounds like a spectacularly bad idea. Would they grow up to love the slots and the tables? Would they enjoy the new Bette Midler show a little too much? Would I be called in the middle of the night to fetch them from the all-night casino club with a fake ID and a pocket full of ones? I've seen CSI. I know what happens in Vegas does NOT stay in Vegas. And let's not forget the 110 degree summers. No thanks.
Although I am trying to make light of this, Scott plans to take whatever job comes his way and in the mean time look for one he really wants. Although I can say truthfully that Las Vegas is at the bottom of the list. You can imagine the stress level at our house is at an all-time high. Please remember us in your prayers, especially Scott to find a job and that Caden stays in the cooker without harm from my anxiety. I know we're one of millions of people that go through this and Scott's entire team has been laid off, which means single Moms and other single-income families are included. We are really hopeful that all of them can find something soon too.

8 Comments:
Holy cow. Kelly, I'm so sorry! I can only imagine what you are all thinking/feeling right now. We'll definitely pray that your options expand...and leave LV at the bottom of the list. :) But hey, it could be an adventure. :) I know, probably not the biggest sense of humor right now. Hey, let's get together next week. Do you want to do lunch on Monday?
BTW, we can do lunch at my house if you want.
Oh my goodness Kelli, I am so sorry. This has got to be a terribly stressful time. Many, many prayers for Scott, your family and that special little baby.
I will definitely be praying for all 5 of you! Does Scott want to sell or do floors?? :)
please keep us posted. I'll be praying that Scott finds a job that he loves.....in this area!
You are in our prayers, we have been there my friend and I know its rough. Hang in there it gets better.
Kristi
I cannot believe it...I hope and pray that better things are in store....and that those things are in Texas.
still praying....glad yall aren't moving to Vegas.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home