Brag
It's time for me to brag about my husband. Today he arrived at work to a call from an employee of his telling him she lost her home last night in an apartment fire. Her family, including an 8 year old boy and a 2 year old boy and her husband jumped from their balcony to safety, which of course was the biggest blessing. However, they lost everything. No renter's insurance either, so literally everything. Scott works in a network of 4 cities, including ours, Atlanta, Kansas City and Restin, VA. He then spent most of his workday calling, emailing, coordinating and gathering food, clothing, money, furniture and necessities for this family. He called the woman to get clothing sizes and told her how so many people had heard and stepped up to help her. Of course, he never told her that he had anything to do with organizing the help because he is so modest and unassuming, wanting no recognition in someone else's time of tragedy. Now he's swamped at work, and will probably have to make up the time lost by working at home in the evenings, but he has such a kind heart that it doesn't even faze him.
How lucky am I to have a husband who cares so much for others? And that pride in his good deeds does not exist. What a great role model of Christ our children have.
How lucky am I to have a husband who cares so much for others? And that pride in his good deeds does not exist. What a great role model of Christ our children have.

7 Comments:
Amen! Scott does have a gift of humility! I am sure he impacted that family in a lifechanging way!
I second Jenny Biz. What a wonderful Christ like example he was to so many people.
Wow. That is really great. In a world that is so consumed with themselves and no one else, I am glad that Scott it setting the bar...high.
That's very cool! I saw a story on the news about that fire and it looked really bad. So sad and scary.
PS: I was in the Loft the other day, but I don't think you were working at the time. Maybe next time we'll get to meet!
Yeah for Scott! Im so proud! It was great seeing yall!
God is so good. I love how he works in our lives. What a blessing for your children to see their daddy caring for others and sharing God's love at work! Praise God for his willing, and humble hands!
Awesome, Scott! You are married to a special man.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home