Resolution
Honestly, New Year's is my least favorite holiday of the year. It's overwrought with football and I always feel older on New Year's Eve than I ever do on a birthday. But one thing I do love every January 1st is my brand spankin' new calendar. A whole year of empty days to fill up! 2005 had so many blessings and fun days that 2006 has a lot to live up to! This coming year we have so much to look forward to... Ethan turning 2, Matthew turning 5, me turning 30, Scott turning 30, Matt starting Kindergarten, Ethan starting pre-school, Baby Ford's birth in February, Baby Smith's birth in June, 8 years of marriage, and who knows what else is around the corner!
As part of our New Year, Scott and I like most people make a list of resolutions. However, this year we decided to make each other's resolutions! I made 5 for Scott and he has made 5 for me. I almost got a little nutty with a Ross-like moment and made a wallet size laminated list with an extra alternate resolution for Scott, but thought better of it as I would have had to face the staff at Kinko's while I asked to have it laminated. It was very fun to make each other's goals and I am proud to say that we were very kind and thoughtful to each other and neither of us had a resolution that began or ended with.... must surrender all rights to the remote control, thermostat, computer, covers, and the last bowlful of ice cream and agree to change every diaper, clean every toilet, and cook hot meals while looking hot. Although, in 2005 I got a foot rub almost every night and I may sneak that in as resolution number 6... I'm not ready to give that up!
As part of our New Year, Scott and I like most people make a list of resolutions. However, this year we decided to make each other's resolutions! I made 5 for Scott and he has made 5 for me. I almost got a little nutty with a Ross-like moment and made a wallet size laminated list with an extra alternate resolution for Scott, but thought better of it as I would have had to face the staff at Kinko's while I asked to have it laminated. It was very fun to make each other's goals and I am proud to say that we were very kind and thoughtful to each other and neither of us had a resolution that began or ended with.... must surrender all rights to the remote control, thermostat, computer, covers, and the last bowlful of ice cream and agree to change every diaper, clean every toilet, and cook hot meals while looking hot. Although, in 2005 I got a foot rub almost every night and I may sneak that in as resolution number 6... I'm not ready to give that up!

3 Comments:
Don't give up the foot rubs! Sounds like 2006 has many great things in store. I am not ready for Matthew to start Kindergarten! Happy New Year!
Happy New Year! What an exciting year you have coming up! I still think we should party for your bday...
What? Scott doesn't have to cook meals while looking hot? Sounds like you are letting him off easy this year.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home