Monday, October 03, 2005

Clean

Matthew likes to clean. When he was a baby we would give him a baby wipe and he would carry it around and wipe things down. He likes to get the broom and dust pan and sweep things up. He has been know to "wash" things before too. For example, one time we found him in his bathroom, naked, cleaning the mirror with the underwear he just took off. One time he got every pair of socks out of his drawer and put them in the bathroom sink, pumped about 25 squirts of hand soap in with them, ran the water and "washed" them for me. Last night he was in a cleaning mood. While Scott and I obliviously watched TV in the living room, Matthew decided it was time to bathe all the stuff animals in his room. He went the to bathroom, wet 6 washcloths and carried them dripping back to his bed. He gently wiped and washed every single one of his animals (and if you haven't seen Matthew's bed, picture a twin bed filled with huge animals and a tiny little boy with only his eyes visible squished underneath all of them.) By the time we found him, his bed was soaked and so was he. He was just so cute explaining why he needed to bathe all of them, it was impossible to be frustrated.

What a sweet boy with a great heart for helping others, whether it be me and Scott or his dirty stuffed animals!

3 Comments:

Blogger jenny biz said...

His wife will LOVE him!

2:20 PM  
Blogger MDM said...

Hi Kelli! I think this is Kelli F., so I wanted to say hello...Your blog is smart and witty like yourself! How is your brother?? My family is going out to ACU homecoming this year..will I run into you??? Mandy Morue Davis

4:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Mandy! I'm glad you found me! How are you doing? We are not going to Homecoming this year, just couldn't work it out with our schedules. I'm sure you will have a good time. Britt and Whitney are doing good. They are having a baby and it's due January 31. It's a boy and they think his name is going to be Wesley Williford and they will call him Ford. Britt is a real estate agent now and he's doing really well. They still live in Dallas. Keep in touch... I'll go find your blog!

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home