Up All Night
A few weeks ago, I was given by my impressively organized husband a list of things we needed to do before our trip. That list turned into a spreadsheet on his computer complete with exact mileage between each pit stop, very detailed directions to every stop possible on I10, and of course, every item that should be packed and errands to be run before leaving.
The spreadsheet was printed plus a copy of my "to do" jobs which were listed in order of priority. My spreadsheet promptly was put in the bottomless diaper bag pit of destruction. Stinky diapers that I feel guilty about dropping off in people's homes, sippy cups with spilled milk, crackers that have broken to pieces and crumbled out of the bag... etc. Unfortunately for my detailed husband, he married a less than detailed girl, to put it nicely. So, tonight when my bag's are supposed to be packed and all my errands run, my sweet Scott is ready to pack the newly washed and waxed car. Unfortunately for him, none of my clothes are packed and none of my errands run. So, tomorrow, I will enjoy a day of errand running from 8 am until 1 pm (naptime) and then I will being sorting clothes and doing laundry (yes, I am that far behind in my spreadsheet) so I can pack. What a fun day! Maybe Scott's organized ways will eventually rub my direction, but until then I'll be up all night the day before any new adventures!
The spreadsheet was printed plus a copy of my "to do" jobs which were listed in order of priority. My spreadsheet promptly was put in the bottomless diaper bag pit of destruction. Stinky diapers that I feel guilty about dropping off in people's homes, sippy cups with spilled milk, crackers that have broken to pieces and crumbled out of the bag... etc. Unfortunately for my detailed husband, he married a less than detailed girl, to put it nicely. So, tonight when my bag's are supposed to be packed and all my errands run, my sweet Scott is ready to pack the newly washed and waxed car. Unfortunately for him, none of my clothes are packed and none of my errands run. So, tomorrow, I will enjoy a day of errand running from 8 am until 1 pm (naptime) and then I will being sorting clothes and doing laundry (yes, I am that far behind in my spreadsheet) so I can pack. What a fun day! Maybe Scott's organized ways will eventually rub my direction, but until then I'll be up all night the day before any new adventures!

2 Comments:
Hang in there friend, you will get it all done. If you need any help, just holler.
Kelli,
Not only have you been found but so has your husbands giftings! Tell Scott any man who busts out a spread sheet for a vacation is going to get a call from me to help us organize the fire out of this church!
I've enjoyed your blogs! Keep them up!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home