Just Because...
I'm tired of reading about my Jason's Deli disaster.
Things are busy here... we've got something every night of the week these days which is a bit nutty. Both boys are playing soccer, Matthew joined Cub Scouts, and I am still at the Loft one night a week. Between practices, games, meetings, work and small group, we are never at home!
First Grade could not be better for Matthew. He has an amazing teacher and I am so pleased with how he is doing and how his year is going along so far. Last week I went up for his teacher's birthday to bring cupcakes and have a "party" and he told me he was "so embarrassed and so happy" to see me. He is definitely my independent child and begs me every day to walk to school alone (keep dreaming, kid.)
Ethan is doing great in preschool. He got in a class with several friends from last year and a couple of neighborhood friends too, so he is really having fun. I've even worked out a carpool deal which is so perfect because our preschool is not really that close!
Scott and I just enjoyed "date night" courtesy of our church. We had a fun time out and the boys had a great time playing with other friends from church. I don't know how often they do this, because we've been at the church only about 6 months, but this is the second time so far and it is such a treat. They feed the kids dinner, play games, provide activities, crafts, movies, etc. We could hardly get our kids to leave! It is always a blessing to go out together.
Anyway, that's the Reader's Digest for us... cute soccer and boy scout pictures to come. :)
Things are busy here... we've got something every night of the week these days which is a bit nutty. Both boys are playing soccer, Matthew joined Cub Scouts, and I am still at the Loft one night a week. Between practices, games, meetings, work and small group, we are never at home!
First Grade could not be better for Matthew. He has an amazing teacher and I am so pleased with how he is doing and how his year is going along so far. Last week I went up for his teacher's birthday to bring cupcakes and have a "party" and he told me he was "so embarrassed and so happy" to see me. He is definitely my independent child and begs me every day to walk to school alone (keep dreaming, kid.)
Ethan is doing great in preschool. He got in a class with several friends from last year and a couple of neighborhood friends too, so he is really having fun. I've even worked out a carpool deal which is so perfect because our preschool is not really that close!
Scott and I just enjoyed "date night" courtesy of our church. We had a fun time out and the boys had a great time playing with other friends from church. I don't know how often they do this, because we've been at the church only about 6 months, but this is the second time so far and it is such a treat. They feed the kids dinner, play games, provide activities, crafts, movies, etc. We could hardly get our kids to leave! It is always a blessing to go out together.
Anyway, that's the Reader's Digest for us... cute soccer and boy scout pictures to come. :)

6 Comments:
It is amazing how busy you guys are! I am glad the boys are doing great in school.
Hey girl,
I was beginning to wonder about you since you had not updated lately. Glad to hear that school is going great for the boys! Jason and I did a date night too and it was great!
That's a full plate. Gotta love the date night!
Awww...I am jealous of your date night! I bet you even got to eat good food!
I can't wait to see the new pics!
iKelli, I love to read your blogs. Your boys are really good looking. Put you and Scott in there sometime so I can picture you when I think of you.
You are an excellent writer and I love your humor.
I love you and your family, too.
Cousin Margie Fritz Singer
Glad to hear from you! Sounds like things are going great!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home